Tuesday, August 29

Orange danish...the breakfast of champions

Today was our second day back to homeschooling. The kids looked so cute eating their breakfast, with their school bins on the table ready to go, that I had to take a picture of them. I promise, Mason does not actually have yellow skin.

Nothing much to show as far as crafties go. I've stitched up a unicorn and a dragon (also for the giant order) but they aren't stuffed and they look so sad in their deflated state that I couldn't bear to take their pictures.

I've also slowed down due to a flare-up of my fibromyalgia. It's generally well controlled due to my wonderful rheumatologist. But the weather has done a major flop here (gone from summer to autumn-ish and rainy) and things like that spur on a flare. If I had seen it coming I would have delayed starting school for another week. The weather is supposed to flop back to summer so my funk shouldn't last too long. But I expect I'll be a bit on the slow side for the next couple of days.

The mailman brought me some wonderful books today, thanks to Book Closeouts. I got The Dollhouse Book, Dollhouse Decor, The Dolls' House Shopkeeper, Embroidered Treasures for Children, Folk Art Gifts, and The Forgotten Arts-Wall Stenciling. I need more shelves.

1 comment:

Renee said...

No updates lately, Dannielle... I've been thinking of you. Hope you're feeling o.k.