Thursday, August 24

Sneaking in a cutie picture




I finished up one of those little pincushion ring cakes so I snapped a picture really quickly before packing it up to mail. Stinkin' cute, huh? :-) Now if I can just get my husband to remember to save his soda bottle caps...

Isabelle and I are going to watch 3 hours of Anne of Green Gables right now. I'll definitely have something to take a picture of at the end of the movie.

Oh! I almost forgot. Here's the end result of the floss and pearle cotton dyeing. I packed up some of the floss to send off to someone so some is missing from the picture. But I made extra spools so I expect I'll be doing some more dyeing before long.

6 comments:

Renee said...

Sigh... will you be my mom too? Isabelle and Mason always wanted a big sister, right?

I love the dyed floss. Do you have plans for it?

Becka said...

I love Anne of green Gables. The spools of thread are delicious.

Becka said...

I love Anne of green Gables. The spools of thread are delicious.

Renee said...

Oooh, I love this! I think I need to make one. :drool:
Now I'm hungry for cake, darn you, woman!

Dannielle said...

nope, no plans for the floss. Well, except I did dye one skein of pearle cotton and one skein of floss with the intention of embroidering fall leaves. I made the colors change quickly so there would be variation within one embroidered leaf. That's the plan anyway. :)

Anonymous said...

Cool -- I'm so glad you tried this -- wasn't it fun? And, it's even more fun to embroider with them. I can't wait to see what you create!