Tuesday, August 8

admitting defeat

Come on. Admit it. We all have our projects that were so cute in our head but they completely flop when executed.

Here is my most recent complete flop.

My daughter is attending a birthday party at the moment. (I know, hard to believe someone would schedule a birthday party for lunch time on a Tuesday, but it's true.) So last night I grabbed one on of these doll bodies with the intention of making a cute little doll to go along with the other gift. I really feel like I did all I could to make it cute but somewhere it took a very wrong turn.

Go ahead and say it. You won't hurt my feelings. Her head looks like a finger wearing a wig. Her arms look like she's related to Popeye. She seems to be retaining water in that left foot. Or maybe she stepped on a nail and popped her right foot. The proportions of the whole doll are so bizarre that even sparkly pink Mary Janes can't save her.

I did end up sending her along to the party. (She wasn't going to stay HERE! LOL!) But she was downgraded from an actual gift to just being a part of the bow on top.

I'm going to have to totally rethink those little doll bodies. I think they'll need to be a primitive style doll since they were apparently sewn by gorillas.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh I totally admire your honesty... I really do and thank god you have off projects too. I'll go all out on something and then stand back from it and go yuk what is this.

What are those doll bodies that you use anyway?

Anonymous said...

Lol, yup cute doesn't fit those doll bodies, primitive does though. So does voodoo.

Dannielle said...

Oh I am so glad I found my comments!! Voodoo!!! I'm gonna bust a gut! :-D

Simmy, I got them here:

http://www.homesew.com/dolls.html

I don't think I'll be buying any more.