Saturday, July 14

Crochet Pattern: My Favorite Dish/Washcloth



I'm not much for following patterns for things such as this, but my favorite way of working up a dishcloth has pretty much become a formal pattern. I tend to make them this way because they work up super fast, have a good "scrubby" texture, and are kind of pretty while still being completely utilitarian. So here goes...

A size H crochet hook

worsted weight cotton yarn (one small ball is exactly enough)

Ch 36.

Make 2 DC in 3rd ch from hook. Skip 2 ch, then SC in next ch. *skip 2 ch, 4 DC in next ch, skip 2 ch, SC in next ch.* Repeat ** until end of row. Ch 2, turn.

2 DC in first st (last sc of the last row). SC in the center of the 4DC-cluster (insert hook between the 2nd and 3rd DC). *4DC in next SC. SC in center of the next 4DC-cluster* Repeat ** until end of row. Ch2, turn.

Continue in this pattern until you have completed 20 rows.

At the end of the 20th row, ch 1, turn.

next row: sc in each stitch to corner (29sc). Ch 1. Make 29 sc along each of the remaining 3 sides with one ch in each corner. Then connect to the first sc with a sl st. Ch1, turn.

NOTE: The bottom edge where the beginning foundation chain is contains 33 sts. Just skip a few for a total of 29 sts.

Picot edge:

Sc in first st. Ch 3, sl st in the same sp as the sc you just made. *SC in the next 3 sts. Ch 3, sl st in the sam sp as the last sc.* Repeat ** until you've covered all 4 sides. Connect last st to first sc with a sl st. Bind off.

Weave in loose ends.

Now go clean something :-D

8 comments:

~Niki~ said...

I'm gonna print that. Thanks for the instructions!

Dannielle said...

I posted it with you in mind ;-)

~Niki~ said...

Big hugs! thanks :)

Thimbleanna said...

Oooh. Thanks for the instructions. I love a good dishcloth with texture!

Lisha said...

Oh how I wish I knew how to craft like you do, Danielle! I just found your blog and I am enjoying all the inspiration it gives me to try to do more handcrafting.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, this idea is wonderful! very darling!

Mrs.T said...

Love this pattern! Thank you so much for sharing it! I've made three of these already.

Joyce said...

Dear Dannielle: Thank you so much for this pattern, I had such fun making it~ so much so in fact, that I have done a post on my blog about it and you! I hope you don't mind..... have a great day!