Tuesday, December 19



I've managed to catch a bit of a cold. It's ok though. I needed a good excuse to rest. Life has been moving at much too fast a pace for my taste.

I've been trying to restore order to my stash of supplies. And I haven't managed to keep myself from playing. When I was cleaning up the felt scraps I happened upon a new box of pencils. Hmmmm...pencil people. They aren't exactly practical as the eraser is hidden. But sometimes fun is more important than practical.

I made these wee little baby bracelets for an order. I can't even believe they will actually fit a human child. They're sooo tiny...as in doll sized. I will be amazed if I'm not asked to make them bigger!

The bracelet on the left is made with lapis lazuli, sterling silver, and tiny Swarovski crystals. The one on the right is Czech glass beads, sterling silver, and Swarovski crystals.

I've also finished decorating the Christmas tree. I've mellowed out about the alien pod lights. Once the ornaments were on it was a bit better. And the blueish glow does sort of match the tree skirt.

Last year I bought a few scented beeswax star ornaments from Dreamseeds. I adore them! So much so that I needed lots more.

I don't know if I've admitted it here, but I'm a bit of a candle freak. I prefer to buy them in glass jars (love them with a lid!) so I can clean them out and use the jar when the candle is gone. Well I save the wax bits. Last year I melted down what I had on hand and cut out some stars with a cookie cutter.

I've been melting wax and cutting out more stars today. I mixed together all colors/scents of wax and ended up with a nice red color. I also added in some extra fragrance oil. My entire living room smells just heavenly!

I store the wax ornaments in a big baggie and all of last year's stars still smell wonderful.

I thought I'd share a picture of the completely decorated tree. It's decorated simply...tin tinsel, wax stars, a few small ball ornaments, and lots of candy canes!

Oh, and one of the pictures I snapped captured the blue alien glow of the creepy led lights in all their glory. I'm sorry it's so blurry. But at least you can really see what I was talking about. They are so gosh darn bright! They do blend in quite a bit now with all the other tree busyness. But when it was just lights and garland...whoa!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Loving everything, as usual! The pencil people are awesome! You could seriously add those to your shop. I was wondering if you've ever thought about posting a tutorial about how you make those cute little people? The bracelets are gorgeous. Lucky babies out there! Tree is beautiful. I love the homespun look of it. How do you clean out the jar candles? Do you melt the last bit of wax and pour it out? How do clean all the residue out? Enquiring minds want to know! Also, if you shared this, I missed it. I'd love to see your nativity set all set out. Whew! That was a lot of typing!

Gnomeful Things said...

Dannielle, could you just stock your shop already so I can buy a pencil topper? It would be MINE, ALL MINE (snicker)