Saturday, November 25

We had a lovely Thanksgiving Day at my in-law's house. I hope everyone reading had a pleasant day as well!

There is usually a lot of time spent sitting and talking or movie watching during holiday visits. I just cannot sit around while doing nothing with my hands. I just can't. I feel... odd... like when you're shopping and someone else is pushing the cart. Almost...naked.

So my portable project for Thanksgiving day was this flour sack towel. I recently noticed I'm nearing 100 posts (this is #91) and being the lover-of-tradition that I am, I plan to do the whole drawing thing. This towel will be included in my 100th post gift. I'm having great fun planning this gift!!


I also worked on wrapping a few more bendy doll bodies that day. And that leads to what I have planned for this weekend. I just finished cleaning the house. As soon as I'm done here I'll be heading to my bedroom with my pot of tea, chick flicks, and bendy doll supplies.













My potpourri supplies arrived the other day and I now have a limited supply of my Winter blend available (All Sold...Thank you!) at my Etsy Shop. I also made tons of incense (some matches the potpourri blend, some is scented creme brulee) but it's not quite ready.

Etsy was upgraded recently. I'm thrilled that they now allow more than one item in your cart at the same time as well as the option to discount shipping for multiple items. It's a dream come true, I tell ya.















This potpourri is a blend of birch cones, 1" cinnamon sticks, rose hips, cedar tips, and pine tips. It is richly scented with a heavenly mixture of vanillas, evergreen, a hint of orange, and spice (cinnamon, clove, and a hint of allspice).

I'm inlcuding a package of cedar and pine tips (to edge your bowl or basket), some dried orange slices to nestle into the potpourri, and a star ornament I made. I'm loving these stars and plan to make many for my Christmas tree.

That's my past few days in a nutshell. And the tea kettle just whistled at me so it's movie/sewing time! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything looks beautiful, I am glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. I can't sit around either!

Renee said...

You and the bendies! Always with the bendies!

The towel is so sweet. Hope you're having a great crafting, movie watching, tea drinking, snuggling weekend. :o)

Unknown said...

Oh man! I can't believe I missed out! Don't you want to make some more, Danielle?