Sunday, November 19



I seem to have settled into a bit of a weekend routine. We end the week with a whole house tidy on Fridays so I take a break from housework on the weekend. We also take a break from any formal homeschooling. My husband has been gone the past several weekends from early in the morning until evening. This has left me plenty of time for productive crafting.

So after waking up, having coffee at the computer, and getting dressed for the day, I make myself a large pot of tea. I set it up on my nightstand with its warmer which holds a candle to keep the pot steamy hot. I spread my supplies out on my bed and pull out the dvds Netflix sent me (usually documentaries or weepy dramas...movies that interest no one but me). When I run out of Netflix movies I pull out my Little House on the Prairie dvds.

Aside from cooking simple meals (or ordering pizza, like I did today), I barely move from that spot all weekend. Some might think this is an incredibly boring way to spend the weekend. I find it blissful. It recharges me.

When my husband makes it home my bag of wool moves off his spot so he can snuggle in for a nap. He is usually worn out enough that he doesn't even notice the girly stuff on tv. Although today I saved The DaVinci Code for us to watch together.


I made a lot of progress this weekend. I got a lot of ordered animals cut out. I wrapped 25 bendy doll bodies. Some animals are partially sewn (up to the point where I need to begin stuffing). And I got a couple cows and a sheep all the way finished. I hope to have all holiday orders completed and in the mail by December. I'd like to manage to get my site stocked a bit before the holidays are upon us. We'll see...

7 comments:

Renee said...

Oh, I love the little farm animals! And 25 bendies! Good grief, woman! Do you have a secret to that? I dread bendies because the wrapping makes my hands cramp. In fact, I've been wanting to do a bendy nativity, but haven't, for that very reason!
Where do you get your wool felt? I need some more.

Unknown said...

That sounds like THE perfect weekend to me!!

Becka said...

It sounds lovely Danielle. Those those cows are the cutest thing ever!

Dannielle said...

Renee, the only secret I have to bendy body wrapping is to make a conscious effort to keep your hands loose. There is a tendency to squeeze the floss tightly and clench your hands, isn't there? But it isn't necessary. A glass of wine or two helps lol.

As for felt, I love the wool blend felt from JoAnns. I get the highest wool content they have...usually 35-40% wool, the rest rayon. If you wash it in hot water (I do it by hand...roughly, lots of scrubbing) and let it dry it thickens up. I like to hand-dye a lot of my colors because the texture after dyeing is wonderful.

Jenny said...

Thanks for the tip about the felt. The 100% wool felt is so expensive isn't it.

(Angie) Norththreads: said...

You get alot done my goodness!!!! WOw, those farm animals are just fabulous!!!

Little Acorn Learning said...

I LOVE your animals and my girls would too - excellent work!