Wednesday, November 14

little quilt



The last time I placed an order with the Fat Quarter Shop I picked up the charm pack of this collection since it was on sale. I like this collection because it's Christmasy yet not only good for Christmas, if you know what I mean.

I finished this a couple weeks ago but just now got around to taking a picture. The charm pack only consisted of these 16 squares so it seemed like the perfect opportunity to do a simple patchwork and play with freehand fans a la Tonya. I loved it! I just pulled out one of my handy-dandy double-ended water/air soluble markers (I used the purple air soluble end) and drew a couple arches at a time and stitched them. Right up my alley.

I'll definitely be doing this sort of quilting again. I love how it looked after being washed. I have a feeling it might be a bit labor intensive on a quilt larger than 17" square (which this little quilt is) but it was totally fun.

On another note, I've been having such a hard time keeping up with all the blogs I love to visit. I took the plunge and signed up with Bloglines. Wow! What a huge help that is!! Wish I had done that sooner!

Also, thank you, all, so much for all your support regarding my book dream. One day...

9 comments:

Angie said...

Oh girl, I do LOVE that little quilt!! Just darling...and those fabrics are beautiful!

~Niki~ said...

Love the little quilt!

Anonymous said...

Adorable and yes you could totally write a book!! Sign me up for a copy now LOL ;)

Thimbleanna said...

Cute quilt -- I love quilting fans too -- they're quick! And isn't bloglines great? Don't worry though -- you'll just keep discovering more blogs and adding them to your favs and pretty soon you'll be overwhelmed again! I'm getting to where I can't keep up with even bloglines!

Kim said...

Very nice quilt - but what do you do with one so small?

I am just starting out in quilting but am tackling larger projects that take much longer to finish - actually I am still at the piecing stage for most of them.

rosa p. said...

what a lovely blog! i like the things you do!

Gwen said...

I love that little quilt. Great work. And, a few days late, but I totally think you should do a book. I'm quite sure you'd be successfull with it. The thing that is different about you is that you make sense, lol. Your patterns are simply wonderful and your methods aren't overly complicated. I'd be first in line for your book.

And on a tangent, get Fraggle Rock from Netflix. The Doozers knit!

Journeying said...

Maybe Blogger will let me leave a comment this time - tried unsuccessfully once already. Just wanted to say I love your little quilt - it's so pretty and you did such a good job. I wish you'd shown us the back, though - I love it when you do that. I always like to look at the backs to enjoy the quilting.
I want to try some Tonya-fans, too. Your stitches are so nice and even - much better than mine, but I'm practicing on a mini wholecloth quilt. No frame, no hoop...
Keep up the good work!
Susan

Anonymous said...

Ofourse I am a bit biased... but I love your little quilt

happy quilting,
Joanna

www.figtreequilts.typepad.com