Monday, May 7

New pillows for me and Tea Cozy pattern






I made some pretty new pillows for my bed this weekend. The big pink rose-covered pillows at the back of the stack are the new ones. They're super firm so good for leaning up against. I think I used 2.5 lbs of stuffing in each one. Seriously.

I've had several people request I share my tea cozy pattern. It took me a bit to get it together but it's finally here to share.



I'll warn you... While it's not difficult, it is a bit fussy. It's one of those things that shouldn't be tackled in the middle of the night. You've really got to take you time and check (and double check) that everything is put together perfectly. Because of how it's constructed, you can't go back and resew a seam. It has to be right the first time (or at least fixed before moving on to the next step.



Also, I advise against using a serger to sew it. I tried. It wasn't pretty. It's just too many layers. I gave it three tries and each time I broke a needle within a few stitches of starting.



I also advise against cutting the batting down to one layer. I tried that too. It made for a very floppy tea cozy.


In addition to the above pattern, I have step-by-step, illustrated photos to


further explain things. I haven't quite finished with the photos but they're far enough along that all the fussy stuff is explained.

If after looking at the pattern you think that it just looks like too much work (it *is* a lot of work), I'll let ya in on a little secret. I'm working a couple to add to my etsy shop I'll let y'all know when they get there. :-)

By the way, I've been wondering if anyone has actually made anything using any of the patterns and tutorials I've posted. I anyone has I'd love to start a flickr photo pool. But as far as I know, no one has used them at all. So I don't want to be pathetic by starting a pool for photos that don't exist.

3 comments:

LadySnow said...

Thank you so much for sharing this with us. Once I have some time I wanna make one!

Becka said...

I haven't made anything yet, but I have plans for a basket of strawberries and a wee little bunny too. The cozy sunds too hard. I will just wait till I can buy one. I have made almost all of your recipes though.

Anonymous said...

Great job on those pillows, they look very professional! The tea cozy pattern looks great.