Tuesday, January 16

Playing tag and today's whims

I've been tagged for a meme! I love reading these and am excited as this is the first time I've been tagged (Thanks, Simmy!)

The rules: People who get tagged need to write a blog post of 6 weird things about them as well as state this rule clearly. In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Don't forget to leave a comment that says "you are tagged" in their comments and tell them to read your blog.

Ok, here goes...

1. I was born in a car. A green Dodge Dart, to be precise. In the front seat. I also inherited the "this doesn't hurt enough to be real"/"shoot those babies out at lightening speed" gene.

2. I hate the cold feeling of bed sheets and I don't use them on my bed. I make up my bed with a feather bed on top of the mattress. I put a quilt over the feather bed and tuck it in between the mattress and boxspring. That is essentially my fitted sheet. I top my bed with a quilt or two. In cold weather I use a down comforter on the very top.

3. I am overweight yet I do not like doughnuts, chips (just about all kinds), or french fries. Weird but true.

4. I am a hair-twister. I often twist little braids in my hair using just my thumb and forefinger (I can do it with only one finger but that requires conscious thought). I've been known to tangle all my hair into tiny dreadlock-ish braids which stick out in all directions.

5. A couple years ago I had a toothache that hurt so much that I pulled the tooth myself with pliers. I didn't do a very good job as the tooth broke off. I still had to have the dentist get the roots out.

6. When I was a teen I used to look up the obituaries in the newspaper. Then I'd pull out the phone book and cross out the people who had died.

Now I need to think of some people to tag!



Ok, onto things that are slightly less weird...

I'm making good progress on the squirrel embroidery. However I think I must not have enough projects in the works as I feel compelled to put together a winter quilt top. The squares are cut for all but the sashing. The design is planned. I'm itching to start stitching!

5 comments:

Sarah and Jack said...

Oh my word! Why on earth would you pull out your own tooth? I have a lovely dentist, she would have been more than happy to help you. LOL

Renee said...

Egads, woman!! The tooth thing is giving me the heebie jeebies!

The little quilt is going to be lovely. I love that fabric with the town/people! I'm in the process of cutting up jeans and corduroys for a quilt. I like nice heavy bedcovers, and the weather has turned coooold here!

Dannielle said...

Under normal circumstances I wouldn't dream of doing the tooth thing. I really wasn't in my right mind. I think it was a Friday night...so no chance of getting in to a dentist quickly. And it just hurt *that bad*. In my weakened state it just seemed all would be well if the tooth was OUT. Very faulty logic, I know. I obviously had a bit too much pioneer spirit going on there.

I swear, I'll never do it again. Promise. Pinkie swear and all.

Becka said...

I love cold sheets. I am a hair twister too.

And I am laughing my head off over the thought of you crossing people out of the phone book. That is hilarious and I am including it in my file of "weird things that characters in future novels will do".

Unknown said...

oy! the tooth!

I'm off to write my post!!