Tuesday, October 17

Feeling somewhat human again.

Thank you, all, so much for the "feel better" love! I think it's curing me. ;-)

I'm feeling much better today. This works out well for my husband as he is now the sick one. So tonight's dinner is some nice, homemade chicken noodle soup. Isabelle requested extra noodles.

If you have never had chicken soup with homemade noodles, you MUST! Although, be warned: packaged egg noodles will never be good enough ever again. They're so easy, too.

Noodles

2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 tsp oil
2-4 Tblsp water

I stick it all in my kitchen aid mixer (with the dough hook). I stir it together a bit to get it started. Then set the mixer going slowly. After a it's worked itself into a ball, I add more flour if dough is sticking to the bottom (instead of rolling with the main ball of dough) . I let the mixer knead if for a while...7-10 minutes maybe.

Then I put it in a bowl covered with plastic wrap. Let it sit and rest on the counter for at least 30 minutes...an hour is better.

Then divide the dough into 3 parts. Roll each part out with a rolling pin. Cut into strips. Drop the strips into the boiling soup and let them cook for 20 minutes or so.

Delicious!!!


I'll be back to showing crafties tomorrow :)

4 comments:

Becka said...

I make my noodles like that too. I learned how from my great grandmother. My entire family of females can make some killer chicken noodle soup with homemade noodles.

My grandmother always dries hers before using them. She swears it makes them taste better. I think they taste better because she loves on them more. I swear, some people can take the same recipe and make it so much better...it's all in the love.

Renee said...

Oooh... I have never made my own noodles, but have always wanted to try. I have a chicken carcass (I hate that word. Reminds me of road kill.) in the fridge just waiting to be made into soup, too.

Carrie said...

Glad you're feeling better, and thanks for sharing the recipe! I will have to try it out.

Unknown said...

So glad you're feeling better! That soup looks so good! Wish I could have a bowlful right now! I think I'll try that recipe with my son Max. He needs to be converted. Right now he tells me that he doesn't like "pasta related" meals! LOL