Tuesday, July 3

Still here

Thank you for all the commiseration regarding summer stealing all the crafty time. Of course, now that I know I'm not the only one, it's starting to feel like it's ok. Only it's not ok. I miss my crafty time.

I've been in serious deep-clean and declutter mode the past few days. That can't be a bad thing, even if it does infringe on potential crafty time.



I did, however, eek in a little. I had to finish this apron that was languishing as a UFO (unfinished object) so I could be cute while cleaning.

In the backround, off to the left, you can see some of the banana bread I made today. Somehow the 24 muffins have disappeared (I didn't even have one, I swear!) since this afternoon. But I also made 2 13x9 pans so there's plenty left.

Banana Bread

1 3/4 cups flour (2 cups if I use 3 bananas)
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 tsp baking soda (I use 1 1/2 tsp if I use 3 bananas)
1/2 tsp salt
2 eggs (3 if I use 3 bananas)
2 ripe bananas, mashed
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/3 cups + 1 tsp milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg

Mush bananas. Add wet ingredients. Mix. Then add dry ingredients (stir, shallowly, to disperse the baking soda within the dry ingredients) and mix together until just combined. Don't overmix. Bake at 325 degrees until it passes the toothpick test. Makes 18 muffins or one 13"x9" casserole pan (spray pan with oil spray before pouring batter in). Recipe does not double well so make one batch at a time.



2 comments:

Journeying said...

Cleaning, baking, AND cute?? You are just too much.
I can almost smell the banana bread . . .

Anonymous said...

I too have been on a cleaning binge. Not much crafting but way too much spending on crafty books and materials. I just obtained my grandma's apron pattern from my mom. I really want to make some. My grandma always had one on and she always had her cigarette case and lighter in the pocket LOL. I don't smoke so I'll have to put chocolate in my pockets.