Friday, August 3

It's like it was my birthday or something!!


I got an AMAZING gift in the mail yesterday! I'm not usually one to get all teary-eyed, but this did it! Everybody, meet Rose. She was created by my dear friend, Bettsi and is an EFA (Edith Flack Ackley) style doll. Bettsi's blog is where I first learned of and fell in love with this style of doll. I absolutely adore Rose!! Thank you doesn't seem adequate. I really did just have a birthday (last Friday)so her arrival was quite timely.

Rose seems happier in the chair, don't ya think? I think she'd really appreciate a doll stand. I need to pick up a few as the one I had broke.

I'm pleased to hear that the Giveaway packages are making it to their destinations and are bringing smiles to the faces of their recipients!! Enjoy, ladies!!

(Mrs. Royer, I wish I knew where that soap came from and what scent it is, but I don't have a clue. It is yummy though, I agree!)




The little jute basket is finished. It's about 5" tall and 7" in diameter. I'm not sure what it will be used for just yet. But I'm sure it's purpose will present itself soon enough.



And, I'm back to making good progress on the Wild Things quilt. I've got four movies to watch this weekend so ample opportunity to stitch down all the greenery. Then the borders. Then the big quilting bee style parties can begin!



Also, I want to spread the word about a new swap for which I just signed up, the Four Seasons Quilt Swap Check it out and sign up if you like!!

Have a great weekend!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Rose looks content in her new home- I am so glad!

You know, my son Max, is the original wild thing. I used to love to read that book to him when he was little. Your quilt is amazing! I love it to pieces!

Anonymous said...

That doll is just beautiful! I signed up for that quilt swap as well. I already have autumn on the brain so I am ready!

Nan said...

Wow! Rose is gorgeous! She looks right at home next to your lovely quilt.
Love the jute basket - it turned out so cute!
The Wild Things quilt looks really great - I've always loved that book.
I'm tempted to do the 4 Seasons Quilt Swap. I really need another project - lol!!

Angela said...

I LOVE your new dollie!! Simply love her. I have made several of the EFA dolls from her book and each one has it's own lil' personality. Enjoy!!