Sunday, January 21




Just a quickie fly-by post as we've been out of the house all day and stitching (in a cross stitch mood) and a movie sounds really nice.

I finished the squirrels and stitched a fairy. I'm not sure how I feel about her. The transfer lines were thick and hard to cover. Because of that her face isn't so pretty. And the colors...I dunno. My plan was to use colors that would make it seem old...vitage-ish. But I can't help but wonder if it just looks weird.

Oh. And I've been switching frames around again. And I painted the blue frame with the squirrels in mind but the birds started tweeting at me. So I gave them the blue and painted a frame green for the squirrels. They're all happy now. Good thing the kitten isn't picky.

All these embroidery pieces in painted frames is turning out exactly how I had imagined though. I can't wait to have them all finished so I can hang them up. My hallway is going to be so cheery now!

I know most people hang family photos in their hallway. I love looking at these collections in other people's homes. Unfortunately I have issues when it comes to hanging family photos that stem from growing up in a dysfunctional family. I'll spare you the details. The bottom line is I don't have even one photo displayed in my home.

Decorating the walls can be a bit of a challenge for me at times. The empty hallway walls have been screaming for something for a long, long time. And I was absolutely giddy when it occurred to me just how inexpensive this project is. I haven't paid more than $1.50 for a frame and muslin/floss are pretty darn cheap too. I don't know why I didn't think of this sooner!

On another note, if anyone can easily explain how I can post a pattern to share with everyone, I'd be much appreciative. :-) Thank you!!

1 comment:

Becka said...

They are all very beautiful. Maybe you can needlepoint a portrait of your kids?